Wednesday, October 7, 2015

AC fan not working - how to repair broken HVAC Run Start Capacitor - air condition

My AC stop working and blows hot air. The fan wasnt blowing when the AC was on. I opened the panel and saw the run capacitor bulging out. The run capacitor stores up charge to kick start the compressor and fan. So, if thats broken, then may be thats why my fan isn't running. So, i bought one for $25 on the internet and it fixed the problem My AC unit stop working and blows hot air. The fan wasnt blowing when the AC was on. I opened the panel and saw the run capacitor bulging out. The run capacitor stores up charge to kick start the compressor and fan. So, if thats broken, then may be that's why my fan isn't running. So, i bought one for $25 on the internet and it fixed the problem

4 comments:

  1. Good that you are handy with home repairs, particularly for the air conditioning unit, which is often a necessity. Nothing worse than the a/c breaking during the blazing summer and when you hire a company to make repairs, it usually costs a fortune. I believe the labor costs more than the parts!

    Lane Pemberton @ Metcalfe Heating & Air Conditioning

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the best to be able to fix things on your own. There are many different people who can do that, but I am not one of them. I wish I was! I need to be better at that stuff. I bet if I started to watch youtube videos I'd get a lot better at it.

    Roxanne Vaughn @ Total Plumbing Inc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s great that you were able to fix the problem yourself. I’ve had issues with my air conditioning system before, but I always had to call up a HVAC professional to do the work for me, which can be pretty expensive depending on the problem. I’m definitely jealous of your skills!

    Lovella Cushman @ Perfection Plumbing

    ReplyDelete
  4. That really was an easy way to solve the problem. I am glad that is was just an issue with capacitor. It would have been good for you to share the troubleshooting process that made you realise that the capacitor may have been in need of replacement. It certainly was cheaper to change it than to buy a new unit.

    Wilfred Andrews @ LB Plumbing and Heating

    ReplyDelete